Suitable for stages 2 and 3. Could be adapted for stage 4.
Curriculum links to Science (including technology), Geography, History and PDHPE
Programme includes a hands-on workshop (45 minutes), a Museum tour (45 minutes), a visit on the HMAS Vampire (45 minutes)
- An overview of marine environments and boating safety, including the role of AMSA and other maritime safety bodies
- How search and rescue operations are conducted
- communication and regulations, including changes in technology
- a group activity using scenario cards to identify possible problems and solutions in maritime situations
- hands on a range of boating objects
One programme (workshop or Container) plus vessel visit is also $10 per student
Follow the instructions to create your own model of the Cape Bowling Green lighthouse.
Sponsored By Australian Maritime Safety Authority