Our research guides can help students, researchers, curators and family historians learn more about Australia's maritime heritage, sea migrations to Australia and social history relating to Australians and the sea.
Popular research areas such as the First Fleet, immigration ships and the wreck of the Dunbar are included.
Visitors are welcome to come in to the library too. Check the opening hours and location and call or email to make an appointment.
For the latest library news, research advice and bookmarks, visit the library blog.
- Antarctica 100 Years - Mawson and Scott
- Australian and New Zealand Built Ships
- Australian and New Zealand Yachts
- Australian Veteran Ships and Maritime Museums
- Child Migration
- Coastal Shipping
- Convict Ships
- Discovery Ships
- Dunbar Shipwreck
- East of India Exhibition
- Endeavour and James Cook
- Ferries and Inshore Craft
- First Fleet
- Guide to Shipwrecks, Corrosion and Conservation
- History of Australian Ports
- HMS Beagle
- Immigration - Sailing Ships
- Immigration - Steamships and Passenger Liners
- Lighthouses and Lightships
- Passenger Ships to Australia
- Pictures of Ships in the Australian Trade
- River Trade
- Royal Australian Navy Ships
- Seafaring Ancestors
- Ship Models